Position Title: Project Manager – Traveling Resource Culinarian (AL)
Other Forms of Compensation: n/a
Think Fresh! Lead with Excellence!
An industry leading hospitality food service group, Unidine is driven by its exceptional people sharing their passion, creativity and talent to craft memorable guest experiences. Unidine’s commitment to scratch cooking, innovative programs, venue concepts and services continues to push boundaries and modernize dining programs for hundreds of clients around the nation. Our restaurants, bars, cafeterias and bistros offer a place for guests to enjoy something extraordinary. That is why we believe that using the freshest ingredients makes for the best dishes, staying ahead of industry trends pushes us to be innovative, and giving team members the right tools and resources helps them to perform their best. Come and join our award-winning team!
The Traveling Resource Culinarian has the responsibility for leading the dining service team members toward client satisfaction with food quality and meal service from pre-opening of the business, during opening, and after transition of new business. This position involves being onsite two weeks prior to opening and the initial 3 -4 weeks of opening.
The successful leader will be responsible for developing effective working relationships with clients and team members while training and directing the team towards providing outstanding client and customer dining services. TRC’s are responsible, without limitation, to ensure the smooth operation of the facility and position you are supporting. As travel to and from locations is normal for TRCs, working a 10 day on, four day off is the typical schedule, however there are occasions where shifts are more standard, working five 10-hour shifts days each week or 50 hours per week including weekend and holiday rotations.
Essential Functions and Key Tasks: Culinarian
- As the Lead Culinarian you will be responsible for management of the kitchen and all food production at the new Unidine Operations. In most cases you will be working with Traveling Resource Team Lead and Traveling Resource FOH/systems managers.
- Your ability to implement a regimented designed process as a part of the transition management and culinary team, is essential, opening new business at our client facilities.
- Flexibility, the ability to adapt on the move in facility transitions will be very important, each transition follows a designed process however there is a potential that change requests can alter our plan.
- A working understanding of all systems & processes is essential, all vertical LOB; Senior Living, Health Care, Corporate Culinary and retail management.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely(verbal and written) with residents/guests and know what, when and how to communicate depending on the audience and subject matter (sensitivity and timing)
- Ability to train new Executive Chef and production staff on all required production systems and processes
- Ensures high quality, good tasting and well-presented foods are served to all residents, population in all areas within established time frames.
- Development of facility food tracking systems and processes, review, train staff on use of daily production records
- Develop and implement menus and prescribed recipes.
- Proficient forecasting and production, ensure all product is delivered on time and at proper temperatures
- Responsible for Food and supply purchasing – adhering to product specifications and authorized vendors.
- Develop and implement job flows for all kitchen and production staff.
- Scheduling and supervision of culinary department personnel with adherence to our productivity metrics.
- Create and maintain excellent relationships with the residents, Executive Director, fellow department heads and staff.
- Administer scheduled training, in service and informational meetings to facilitate consistent implementation of production, service and sanitation standards.
- Adhere to production operating budget (financial and productivity) and complete reporting responsibilities on a daily/weekly basis.
- Collaboration on menus and recipes with onsite Health, Wellness and Nutritional Director.
- Assure regulatory compliance for production and sanitation with detailed and organized program documentation.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Executive Chef or Chef Manager.
- Prior experience in dining service transitions and openings is preferred.
- Serve Safe, CDM and Allergen certification preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Nutrition, Culinary Arts or Hotel/Restaurant Management is highly desirable; having completed Certified Dietary Management program preferred.
- The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment that offers unlimited growth opportunities and rewards achievements.
- Scheduling may require 10 day on and 4 day off scheduling this will be determined by support needs and transition of business.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires extensive travel 70%-80%.
- Must have the ability to pay for travel expenses that will be reimbursed.
- Requires work with extreme heat conditions and frequent interaction with heated equipment, grease, and other at-risk conditions.
- Computer knowledge and ability to work with multiple software programs is essential.
- Involves repetitive motion; walking and/or standing for extended periods of time.
- Frequent lifting, pushing, and carrying.
- Requires repetitive wrist motion.
Apply to Unidine today!
Unidine is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Associates at Unidine are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Unidine maintains a drug-free workplace.
Req ID: 1221320